Friday, December 25, 2009

Examples of Case Scenarios

Communication skills as I have mentioned earlier.. needs a lot of practise.. role play in particular. I will post some of the cases that my friends and I used.. some were directly from Ryder, some from other websites, some are self-written and some are from various books with some editing.

After each scenario, I will try to give some examples on possible approach.. like what my friends and I discussed.. do give some input if you have other ways.

Again, communication skill station is not about testing your knowledge.. this has been tested previously. If not, you would not be able to sit for PACES! It is about your communication skill and how you convey your knowledge to patients/relatives and knowing your limitations. Of course a bit of knowledge will be quite useful.. If not, through out the station, you will say.. "I will have to discuss this with my consultant". I will give some links on how can this useful knowledge can be obtained. It is also good to read some patient-information leaflet to know how a terminology is explained in laymen terms. Try http://www.patient.co.uk. More will be linked to this blog later. And remember... each case usually has hidden agenda - patient's concern.. so try hard to dig into this!

No comments:

Post a Comment